Our Partners
living the best life..

[Crime] New York nurse accused of slamming baby onto bassinet fired, under investigation

REFLX

• Administrators

A nurse in New York who was caught on video allegedly slamming a newborn face-first onto a bassinet was fired and is under investigation.

The incident, which occurred at Good Samaritan University Hospital in West Islip on Long Island, is being investigated by the Suffolk County Police Department's Special Victims Section.

The baby, Nikko, was two days old when he received antibiotics at the hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Nikko's father, Fidel Sinclair, began filming his child through curtains that were not completely drawn and captured the incident on camera.

Sinclair's video recorded the nurse allegedly forcefully flipping the baby from on his back to on his stomach on the bassinet.

A nurse in New York who was caught on video allegedly slamming a newborn face-first onto a bassinet was fired and is under investigation.

"I’m happy I was there. God sent me," Sinclair told WNBC. "If it wasn’t for God, … we would have never seen none of that happen. And that would have kept happening through the night, not only to him, but to the other babies, too."

Nikko’s mother, Consuelo Saravia, told the outlet that the video was "heartbreaking."

"I couldn’t stop crying. I couldn’t even sleep," she said.

Saravia said she confronted the nurse about how she was handling the baby.

"I told her, ‘I don’t want you to touch my child! You just slammed him,’" Saravia said.  "She said, ‘Oh no if you think I mishandled him or anything, I’m sorry.’"

source

ICH BIN EINFACH LOYAL